It seemed like yesterday when we were welcoming the New Year with different designers and trend forecasters making their predictions well into 2017. The word out on the street is that this year will see big shakeups in the trend of interior decor as some of the popular out of fashion styles will make a solid comeback.
The dining room is a special place no doubt because it is there we gather around with our family and share conversations and meals. Therefore this portion of your home deserves a special treatment with an eclectic mix of furniture. Keep on reading to find out everything trending about furniture trends in the dining room.
- Rustic theme: Gone are the days when people used to value office style home decor with an enormous amount of focus on neutral colors and whites. Rustic is the word of the day as people are now roughing up their dining rooms by throwing in less sophisticated variants of standard furniture models. A combination of a rough-hewn wood table, steel chairs with leather cushioning, and mild lighting can work wonders in changing the look of an otherwise formal dining room.
- Mix-and-match: As people continue to realize that happiness lies in imperfection, the trend of using matching furniture sets has been on a steady decline. Today, a requisite dining room doesn’t need to have matched chairs and table; a mix of different furniture styles, finishes, and fabrics is what’s ruling people’s hearts. This look is not only easier to put together but also far more welcoming to the guests. After all, you’d want your guests to feel at home.
- More benches: While you may have noticed, benches being used in dining rooms in a more formal scenario, this trend is certainly on its way out. The idea of communal sitting is creating waves in the interior decor world not only for aesthetic reasons but also for saving space. This dining room set up will not only make sitting together more convenient but also create a rather intimate experience without compromising on seating capacity.
- Mirrored furniture: “Mirror Mirror on the wall, who is the prettiest of them all?” – The next time these words are uttered, you may not be standing in front of a mirror hanging on a wall. Yes, mirrored furniture is one of the most talked about current trends that can add drama to the blandest dining rooms. Mirrored tables, sideboards, or mirrored buffets can lend your dining room a dazzling, glamorous touch.
No matter what your choice is regarding dining room furniture, check out https://www.danetti.com/ for tips, tricks, and ideas.
- Accessorize: Want to lend your dining room a different look without investing on furniture? Then buy accessories such as life-size mirrors, artwork, and frames, etc. to lend your dining room a chic look without overspending on big items. Oversized decor, be it painted as a mural or hung, never fails to make a bold style statement. So go ahead and get experimenting; you never know what new trend may spark your ideas.
What to avoid?
Formal looks and sweeping single colors are out, and it should be a while until we see these trends making a comeback again. Just go with the flow, and you’ll be fine!